Learn in 3 min How to set up FB Catalogue Ads using the pixel .
If you landed up on this page then it would be right to assume you are running social media ads via FB ads manager for your e-commerce store.
But an important question is – Are you having a lot of product inventory & tired of updating your catalog weekly, daily, etc. What if I tell you there is a way where you don’t have to schedule/update your catalog at all. Everything will be done automatically – sounds amazing right. Let us show you how?
Connecting Catalogue via pixel.
Whenever a user visits your website, e-store, etc. whichever products he interacts with, that product will be automatically added to the catalog. In the future, if that user will see the ad run by you via DPA campaigns connected by the catalog, then he/she will see those products that he/she interacted with. The best part is you don’t have to run remarketing campaigns separately.!
- Install pixel and the view content standard event on every page
- Add microdata tags – these tags contain information about the product. e.g price etc. It is a code to be added on each product page – for this coder is required – link for reference
Well sorry, it’s not that simple. But we are here to simplify it for you.
10 steps to do it-
- Go to www.facebook.com/products and select your catalog.
- Open the Catalog tab and select Data Sources.
- Select Add Items.
- Select See More Options. Select Use a Pixel and then Next.
- Select the pixel you want to connect and then Next. If you do not have the pixel installed on the website then you have to create pixel first.
- If you want, select Add Filters to limit the items that your pixel updates. Select Next.
- Select Add Trusted Websites and enter the website domains you trust to use as sources for your item information. Don’t include the http:// or www. For example, enter biggrowthdigital.com/. If you want your pixel to use multiple country-specific websites, enter each one. Select Save and then Next.
- Select your default currency. This is the currency your catalog will use if prices for items on your website don’t include a 3-letter ISO 4217 currency code, such as USD or EUR. Select Next
- Bonus point: To allow your pixel to add more items from your website, go to your pixel settings in Data Sources and turn on Increase Your Inventory Coverage. With this option, the pixel can also add items that people haven’t directly interacted with and items listed on your website’s sitemap if you have one. A sitemap is a file that provides information about your website pages to help search engines find and index them.
- Automatic updates: If there is any change in SKU, PRICE, etc. then it will be updated automatically. You don’t have to update your CSV file etc,
- Increase productivity: Since you don’t have to update everything again. Used the save time for the more vital task
- Remarket: if you are in e-commerce marketing then you know what wonders remarketing can do. Use DPA campaigns and your remarketing campaign will run automatically and you don’t have to use separate custom audiences.
*we can’t use the pixel to import other catalog inventory types such as flights, hotels, destinations, home listings, or vehicles.
Well, Facebook has provided us the way to set up a catalog for –
- Rental listing
- Vehicles listing
If you are looking for connecting the catalog via pixel then it can just be done for the Products category.
Now you know about Fb catalog ads, Learn how to improve performance marketing strategies
We hope this was insightful for you
Have a great day!